OUR SERVICES FOR ENDODONTICS & EMERGENCY CARE
Village Green Family Dentistry provides a full range of general dentistry services including Endodontic Therapies (Root Canal) and Emergency Care. Please note that because of their complexity, these services do require an appointment to ensure adequate time is available with the dentist. We encourage you to call our office at 603.552.3486 to confirm our earliest available appointment time for your urgent care service.
ENDODONTIC THERAPY, AND POST AND CORE PLACEMENT
- Endodontic Therapy - Endodontic Therapy (root canal) is a dental procedure to fix a tooth by removing the nerve inside the tooth and filling it with a suitable material. Endodontic Therapy is usually performed when the tooth cannot be filled or restored any other way because the decay has reached the nerve of the tooth or the tooth has become infected. Most patients dread the idea of having this procedure, but to lessen these fears, we perform the therapy using rotary endodontics, an innovative system that is fast and easy. Nitrous Oxide is also available for patients requiring additional sedation.
- Post and Core Placement - Post and Core Placement is required to sufficiently build-up tooth structure for future restoration with a crown when there is not enough tooth structure to properly retain the cap, due to loss of tooth structure to either decay or fracture.
- After-Hours Care - Tooth issues do not wait for office hours. When they occur at night or over the weekend, you will feel better knowing Village Green Family Dentistry is available to handle your dental emergency. Just contact our office so that we an accomodate you with our first available appointment.
- Incision and Drainage of Abscesses - A dental abscess is a collection of pus in or around a tooth. This may include pus in the pulp, gums, or jawbone. It may also be seen in an area where a tooth has not yet come out of the gums. Depending on its location, the abscess may spread to the throat, cheek, or face, and therefore must be treated immediately.
- Suturing of Lacerations - When a patient has a mild to moderate laceration or cut in the oral cavity that requires stitches to close, we can suture it for them.
- Re-implantation of Avulsed Teeth - An avulsed tooth is one that has been forcibly and traumatically displaced from its normal position. In some, less severe cases, and if attended to early, the avulsed tooth can be surgically re-implanted, which we will make every effort to do at Village Green Family Dentistry.
- Pulpectomy - Portions of the pulp tissue in a tooth can become infected. When they do, a Pulpectomy must be performed to remove the infected dental pulp.
- All Types of Tooth Extractions - There are instances such as impacted wisdom teeth, extreme decay and damage from an accident when a tooth cannot be saved, and therefore must be extracted. When situations like these arise Village Green Family Dentistry is here to help.
the daily grind: what wears down your teeth
Chipped, Fractured, or Broken Teeth
What can be done: If you have fillings in your back molars, it's wise to avoid biting down hard on foods such as bones, hard candies, and ice. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports that pose a risk of injury. Chipped teeth can be repaired. Fractures are far more difficult, especially if the crack extends below the gum line.
Bruxism: Grinding Your Teeth
What can be done: Stress management techniques may help. For some patients, that may be enough to ease tooth grinding. If not, dentists may prescribe a mouth guard or splint, which fits over the upper or lower teeth, protecting them from becoming damaged.
Acid and Tooth Enamel Erosion
What can be done: If caused by chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), you can take antacids, raise the head of your bed several inches to allow gravity to keep stomach contents from refluxing at night, walk after a big meal, or chew sugarless gum to increase saliva production.
>> Source: WebMD